Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Simba wednesday


When I let Simba out to chase squirrels recently, he came to a dead stop right outside the door, and this little squirrel also did a sudden freeze-frame. I stood waiting for one or the other to break it, but there they stood, moment after moment, staring at each other. So I quietly walked to the table, picked up my camera, turned it on, and took a shot from where I stood, certain I wouldn't have a chance at another shot. And then I got closer and took another shot. Then down on my knees for another. This was the fourth shot, shooting right over Simba's head at the little squirrel. I was preparing to take another one when somebody moved, and then it was all over. The squirrel disappeared under the deck as Simba scrabbled his way across the it, and there was no more peace in the land.

How curious! A dog and a squirrel playing chicken, was it?

Hey, dog lovers! This Sunday night, we can expect to see lots of canine hijinks over at Weekend Dog Blogging at Sweetnick's place. Head on over for head shots, tummy shots, jump shots and what nots!

Follow the links in the sidebar to lots more Simba wednesdays. This is #28!

more pictures of Simba

Technorati tags:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see that Simba is doing A-Okay!

Paz

Barbara said...

Ha! The squirrel must be thinking "if I don't move he won't see me...." while Simba's doing advanced calculus in his head trying to determine if he could actually catch the squirrel.