Sunday, June 21, 2009

Scones with FRESH blueberries ... yum!

I may be the last person in the world to discover Cooks Illustrated's fresh blueberry scones. When I googled the recipe I found lots of posts reproducing it. I have a little recipe website that I use for sharing my recipes with folks who've attended events I've cooked for, separate from this blog, so I won't reproduce the recipe here. But I will tell you that these scones are breathtakingly almost perfect ... perfected, IMHO, by the additon of a teensy amount of extra sugar. After you bite through the crisp crust, they just melt in your mouth. And then to put big delicious fresh blueberries in them ... it's just the most perfect combination ever. Honest. Try 'em. I dare you to eat just one.

Cooks Illustrated's Fresh Blueberry Scones as adapted by yours truly.

2 comments:

bb said...

Hi Pat....I left a comment back to your comment on my blog. As I said there, it's fine to use the pic as long as you credit in your post and link back. Thanks for asking! Glad you liked the scones....they're so delicious!

Barbara said...

Yum! And I just so happen to have blueberries in the fridge.