Wednesday, June 22, 2005

God is cool!

When I got on the telephone with the Anchorage Traffic Court yesterday for the hearing about my speeding ticket (received when I was visiting my pal Lyn in April), I was prepared. I had written up what I wanted to say. I had a copy of the letter I sent requesting the hearing and explaining the situation. I had the hearing notice and the ticket itself. I had asked my mother-in-law and the twins to please pray. I had prayed. Todd had prayed.

Here's how the phone call went, after I was taken off hold:

"Patricia, are you there?"

"Yes, I am"

"Did you hear what was just said?"

"No, I didn't."

"Your case is dismissed."

"I certainly didn't hear that!?"

"The primary witness has not appeared, so your case is dismissed. There is no violation."

"Oh, my gosh! Thank you!"

Is that a picture of God's grace, or what?

No comments: