Tuesday, September 26, 2006

"hell" week

Our first performance is Friday. Those of you who have done theater know exactly what that means. Every night this week, we rehearse for as long as it takes to get it right. It's known in theatuh parlance as "hell week," although, I must confess, I enjoy it! As long as I don't think about the things that aren't getting done elsewhere because I'm in rehearsal. I enjoy it, and I very much appreciate the opportunity to smooth out the wrinkles (figuratively, not literally, unfortunately! )

That said, one of the things that won't be getting done at home this week is just about anything in the way of posting. I've already queued up a Wordless Wednesday photo, but what's going to have to wait till next week (probably) is a post on the bear who visited yesterday (too many pictures, how to choose?), a new green bean recipe that The Huz and I really loved, and some more thoughts about and minor variations on the Barefoot Contessa's Indonesian Ginger Chicken, which I made and took to a dear friend's home this weekend and which was loved by both mom & dad AND all three kids. You know you've got a winner on your hands when adults and kids alike go back for seconds! "Mom, can I have two more pieces of chicken?" "You've already had four, Austin, try just having one and see if you still want another one." Music to my ears. I made another big batch last night for the Huz's lunches this week, but therein lies a variation that will need to be reserved for later reporting.

Have a good week, my blogging friends, and don't be surprised if I also disappear from the commenting circuit. Oooo, I can't wait to get in front of an audience! Hope to see some of you there!

Previous posts about the play:
more theater
reflections on acting
Come Blow Your Horn

No comments: