Thursday, April 13, 2006

caption recap

This is probably the longest my blog has ever "gone dark." The murder mystery dinner Saturday took all my time up till then and even the day after. Since then, I've been catching up on all the things that were put on hold in the runup to the play ... which was a complete hoot, by the way!

I've been waiting to post about it until I could get the pictures from the photographer. I was dying to post one for you all so you could see me in my disguise. Imagine my disappointment, then, to discover that there was NOT ONE PICTURE of my bewhiskered face! Most of the pictures that he took were of the audience during the clue hunt, not very many of the play. I must admit, I was crushed ... but I got over it. I'll post some musings about "the theatuh" experience and a couple of photos in a later post.

What is Simba saying?

Meantime, look at the fun captions everyone came up with for Simba's photo of uplifted arms. His previous owner called this his "Praise The Lord" posture; in fact, that's the command he knows. The command is nearly always followed by a treat, so he's very "faithful" in obeying it! He can usually stay up in that posture and wait until he can take very gently take the treat in his little teeth. This is a very fun dog, if you will allow me a little bragga-doggio!

Ok, enough bad wordplay, let's see what the clever folk had to say!

Eva Alice over at Running Home said...

"I totally love the new Denise Austin workout video. I've got to get these abs and thighs toned before swimsuit season."

Lynne at Lynne to Lean carried on the healthy body theme with ...

"This doggie yoga is doing wonders for my flexibility! I can hold the 'downward dog reverse position' for hours while I contemplate the meaning of life!"

Barbara (Biscuit Girl) was the essence of brevity...

Peek-a boo!

And the ever-charming Mike said...

Ok, ok, they're covered. I wonder if anyone can see me. Yooo whooo. Anybody there?

Margaret of the itchy back chimed in with ...

Oh, its that itch right in the middle of the shoulder blades that is SO hard to get.


I just couldn't resist adding my own two cents worth ...

"Yes, please, a treat, please, but please, no pictures! My hair's a mess today!"


And we welcome a new contributor, My (Mike? Is that you?) who mistook my fluffy little guy for a girl (happens all the time) and said ...

In doggy language (or is it "doggie"? I'm never quite sure!) she's saying I'm in my happy place here at home so I trust things enough to lie on my back, but also my mommy raised me right that a lady keeps her dignity at all times!

Thanks, everyone, for your comments. Even during the countdown to the play, I took a few moments to enjoy the comments as they came in. You gave me some normalcy in the midst of all the craziness! And now, I sign off, to return soon with some Easter pictures and the promised theatuh musings. Till then ...

No comments: