Friday, April 07, 2006

in the countdown!

The banquet and murder mystery play are tomorrow night. This week, our two male actors both fell ill with the flu. One has been unable to rehearse for most of the week, barely able to get out of bed. The other just fell ill last night; I haven't heard how serious his illness is. They're both troopers, though; if they can be there, they will. Friend R hurt her back gardening this week. Friend M just began having a sore throat last night. I'm fighting a UTI and significant arm pain. I haven't seen a doctor, but I'm fearing it might be carpal tunnel.

Only one of our little troupe is physically whole going into this little adventure. So far.

But never fear! The show will go on, even if we have to hand scripts to audience members! We've promised a murder mystery dinner, and a murder mystery dinner it shall be.

P.S. If you're a praying person, you know what to do! (Please?)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

do you have any photos from the Dinner Theater? I hope so, I'd love to see them!

Anonymous said...

Ps
You did a wonderful job in the show on Saturday night. You kept your cool when you had to cover a missed line, and all in all did an amazing job for your first time on the stage!

Congratulations!

PatL said...

Margaret, your prayers were answered and thank you so much! The play went off well, and it seemed as if everyone had a lot of fun at the banquet. I'm sorry you couldn't come ... oh my gosh, did I forget to invite you????

PatL said...

Betsy, I'm working now on getting us some pics and will post them asap ... I can't wait, too! Thanks so much for your kind words. They mean a lot, especially coming from a veteran such as you. I absolutely loved working with you and hope your moving away doesn't mean that will never happen again!

The J-Man said...

The play was a lot of fun. I too appreciated your ability to keep up with ad-libing when necessary and making sure the continuity was there. I am also very appreciative to Ilsa for getting me water and cough drops throughout the evening.

It was an enjoyable experience and I hoped all worked well in fund raising for W8NG.

Dr. Disco