Thursday, January 05, 2006

All is calm ...



I don't have a great camera, and I don't have great skills, so I don't know if these pictures express to you what I'm experiencing today, but I wanted to give it a try.

We live in the woods, and we have lots of big windows. ¾ of the windows have no blinds or drapes, because they look out into wilderness. The windows on the street side of the house have mini blinds, but unless there's a blazing hot sun beating in on that side, the blinds are always pulled all the way up. We love having the outdoors be a constant part of our line of sight.

Outside the windows right now is the most beautiful, heavy, fluffy snowfall. It's coming straight down, steadily trying to blanket myentire world in white. The trees, birdfeeders, deck, lawn, garden, everything is frosted with this gorgeous white stuff, too light to do harm to the trees, dry enough that snow removal is more like sweeping than lifting.

What is it about a snow like this that gives you the sensation of such a peaceful, calm silence? I don't know the answer, but it's one of the times when I am so thankful to be home to enjoy it.

No comments: