It is really hard to capture the smooth, shiny, sumptuous beautimousness of these new countertops. And the faucet, which is an absolute dream to use. And the deep, wide sink with its custom little grid thingie so everything you put in there stands up straight.
Please pardon me as I descend into total materialism. It will pass. I was nearly this excited when I got my refrigerator. Foodies, I'm sure you can relate!
The little smidgen of ceramic tile you can see there on the floor is a reminder of what our "before" looked like. That was on not only the countertops but also the backsplash. Lotsa 70's earth tones.
In about 35 years, what will they be saying about my Amazon Uba Tuba granite, "It's so nineties!"?
So, to recap:
- The countertops are in!
- The plumber has hooked up the plumbing!
- Now I just have to get the electrician back to hang the lights and put in dimmer switches and I'm done.
- Oh. And the contractor to do some silicone caulking.
- And, of course, we need to choose a wall color and paint it.
- That flooring has to be replaced pretty soon.
- And did I mention I was thinking of painting a thin black strip along the top of the cabinets?