Saturday, October 21, 2006

get yer Weekend Herb Blogging here!

I'm back from beautiful northern Vermont, which turned unseasonably cold and even snowed last night! The snow melted right away where we were, but this morning the nearby mountaintops were still agreeably sugared with a light dusting. And by the time I left this afternoon, it had not melted. Is that a sign of the sort of winter we can expect? I'm hoping so. (Shh, don't tell the Huz. He does all the snow clearing at our house.)

These pics show the view from the window over the kitchen sink. I was able to catch these shots just as the sun swept across the valley and up onto the mountaintops. Breathtaking.

Please don't be misled into thinking I spent all that much time enjoying the view. As I mentioned, it was a very busy time, with long days agreeably spent in culinary creation, and short sleep times too often spent tossing and turning. Therefore, I am spent.

So anyhoo, the deadline for WHB submissions is fast approaching! Get yer red-hot entries to me (pat DOT langille AT gmail DOT com) by mid-afternoon tomorrow, and I promise I'll have my wits back about me, will stop imitating Depression-era newsboys, and will post the roundup tomorrow evening. Till then, zzzzzzzz ...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pat, those mountains are gorgeous! They look awfully familiar...I spent four weeks in Johnson, Vermont, at the Vermont Studio Center in December 2001, and they look a lot like the mountains around that little town. Hope you had fun, and I'm looking forward to the roundup!

Genie
The Inadvertent Gardener