Saturday, July 01, 2006

.. and what we can do ..

So, in the midst of cleaning up the kitchen after priming the backsplash, I was looking down into those corner cabinets so wide open and accessible as they await their new countertops. It was a real pain to put down shelf paper in those cabinets when I had to get into the corner the hard way: through the little hinged corner door.

And then I had what might un-genteelly be called a wild hair: why not replace the paper (turquoise, with dancing Snoopies, believe it or not) with this gorgeous, heavy German paper I picked up for a song at a going-out-of-business sale at one of my beloved home stores? (... anyone remember Homescapes? I loved that place!) So, not an hour later I had lined the top shelf of one corner cabinet, and this is what it looked like. And I did another cabinet, and the top silverware drawer before I realized that I can do the drawers any time, easily, so don't need to rush to get them done before the countertops are installed. Duh!

Then this evening, after yet another takeout dinner, the Huz and I moved the fridge and stove back into place. At last, we can walk through the kitchen! It was such a big relief that he said, "It's nice to have our kitchen back" and then we looked at each other and burst out laughing. It's going to be a long, long time before we have our kitchen back, but now we have our kitchen floor back at least!

No comments: