Saturday, July 08, 2006

countdown: in 5 days we have a live audience!



Yikes!

We had rehearsals Weds, Thurs, Fri nights this week, starting at 6 and running till about 10. Today was ostensibly the only day we don't have rehearsals between now and opening night; however, those of us who need a little extra practice with the tap finale came in for a couple of hours of sweat and sore feet. Needless to say, I was among the group. And, unbelievably, I let myself be talked into switching places with a friend who is in THE FRONT ROW and having even more trouble with the steps than I am. I am such a sucker for a friend in need. So, folks, if you want to see someone flub some dance steps while smiling brightly, you might as well come on down!

Tomorrow is 8 hours of tech rehearsal (I think that means practicing so the lights & sound folks get the settings figured out). After that it's rehearsal every night for four hours. And every hour precious, I must say. At this point we still seem pretty disorganized. The old hands assure me this is normal.

I bought "character shoes" (black shoes with a strap so your shoe can't go flying off your foot an inopportune or opportune times) with a lower heel than my tappers. Me feet are killing me, people!

That's my excuse, and I'm stickin' with it.

No comments: