Saturday, July 01, 2006

we do what we can ...

No faucet yet, so no appointment for templating and no useable kitchen. But there are a few things we can do even without those guys, so today I primed the backsplash and was just thrilled with what a difference that little bit of white made in the brightness of the kitchen!

I'm also planning to move stuff back into the bottom shelves of the cabinets, getting rid of things that I never use. The top shelves are open to the countertop so I'm not sure it's a good idea to move them back in until after the countertop is back on.

I'm sure getting itchy to do some cooking! The Huz and I are leaving tomorrow for 3 days for the holiday and our 15th anniversary (yep, fireworks on the anniversary every year!) There's a Wyndham Hotel right on Lake Champlain in Burlington. We've reserved a top-floor room facing the lake, and intend to view the gorgeous fireworks sans bugs and crowds. Probably with a pint of Ben & Jerry's and two spoons. How heavenly is that?

As long as we don't fight over the last bite ...

No comments: