Monday, July 10, 2006

kitchen update: happy camper!

Finally! The templater was here today to create a template for the granite countertops to be cut from. So our wonderful contractor, Rich from PeachTree Builders, came back this afternoon and installed a portion of my old countertop and my SINK! My glorious SINK! Who knew how happy I would be just to have my old sink back?!

And the installer told me I can put the stuff back in my cabinets; the countertop can be installed with the cabinets full of stuff. What a relief, to be able to see my dining room table top again!

And apparently we're on a two-week countdown to the new countertops. Woo hoo!

I should also receive the fixture for the undercounter lights tomorrow, so we'll be able to schedule the electrician back to get that all wired up with its own switch as soon as he's available!

There are lots of exclamation points in this post, but can you blame me?

2 comments:

Barbara said...

There's light at the end of the tunnel! Woo Hoo!

When's dinner? LOL

Kalyn Denny said...

Pat, my house is nearly 100 years old, and I completely gutted and remodeled the entire house, so I know what you are going through. Except, I was NOT living there for the 11 months it took to finish the job. My brother-in-law did all the work with no subcontractors, so it took a long time. Luckily I had a free place to live in the meantime!!

It will be worth it, you'll see. Good luck.